Sunday, December 09, 2007

MTV @ Starbucks

Welcome to another weekend, yes another weekend of MTV brain-storming and preparation for the first pitching session with MTV Asia's Creative Manager, Andrew. Aw, so exciting!



But before I could really have the mood to start discussing and being serious (which is rather hard for me), I went shopping! Cris said he bought 2 shirts for a hundred bucks the other day. Nicky brought 3 shirts with that amount today. You know, you can hardly buy nice and cheap clothes in Singapore these days. We are students only leh.

After buying, I became so delighted. My bad mood is gone, for a while at least, if I remember correctly. I moved on to meet my team mates and we went to Starbucks! When we reached there, we saw the other teams there as well. They are...




BITTERSWEET
*Missing Sophia who was at Church




LOLLIPOP



THEME 9
*Missing Ally who went to ICA Camp




Last but not least, MANGMANG
*Missing Shermin who is taking this picture

We were pretty saddened as we couldn't find a sit. It took us a long time to find a sit. This girl from Starbucks was really helpful. She asked that two inconsiderate girls to move away and found the chairs and tables for us. So nice of her.




Our very own team leader Sok Hwee.




I am so happy to see many of my classmates there =)

Finally another week is ending already. Like any other weeks, I am so busy. The thing special about this week is that I went to a few advertising agencies for interview for my ITP. There's this particular local company, let's just call it M, which I want to share with you about.

"
A number of us meet this Creative Director from M and his friend, who happened to be in town. We were told we could have an interview while he is eating. He was dressed casually in plain white t-shirt and jeans.

We took turns to be interviewed. When it was the guys turn, this person hardly pay any attention to us and just keep looking at our female classmates. But I must say he surely looked interested when I was showing some photography I had done on females.

When I was sharing to them about my Breast Cancer advertisement, he became really cheesy and asked why I've used an apple to represent the breast. He continued laughing and asking why I didn't use a papaya or even better, a tomato instead.
"

More things happened but can tell you personally if you want. However, I was really shocked because the experience is so very much different from the experiences I had with other companies. I don't think I will want to work in such a company. No no.

Another highlight of the week is the Student's Feedback. I was reading the e-mail that my lecturer had sent us. I feel really upsad about the situation now. Poor him but we shouldn't blame the students either because they are saying how they really feel about it.

On the other hand, I have this another lecturer who did OMG OMG OMG things for us and it really get me going OMG! lor. I have nothing to say but a bucket full of thanks to you!

I kept meeting my friends while taking public transport these 2 days. Angela, Jian Yong and Siu Ping. Wow! That's a good thing living in such a small country.

No comments: