Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Shopping

Chinese New Year is coming in less than a month baby! Have you started to plan and prepare for it? If not then you better start soon because it is the most important festival of the year for the Chinese.

Nicky and friends went shopping for clothes yesterday.

While traveling to town, I was not surprised to be greeted by so many foreign workers in the MRT. They can be seated in the whole row and not give up their seats even when they see people who need the seat more. Those who are standing around you cannot be any better, they
love to flaunt their armpits at you and hope you can smell something from there. You can stare at them by all means but most of them just ignore you.

I feel uneasy and totally insecure. The cabin is filled with smells I am unfamiliar with. And what if the next minute someone grabs my butt? Am I going to scream? Many parts in town is flooded by them. They like to hang outside shopping malls with their group of friends, chatting and laughing together.

It reminded me of last last Saturday when I was in Jurong Point with MangMang and LeChing. The number of foreign workers are so huge and they are almost everywhere. I gave up buying a drink from Value because of the queue. It is so so so long, longer than the Hello Kitty craze. Well maybe not.

I don't know how to explain to Steffenie when she comes back to Singapore. What will her reaction be? "This is my country, this is my life, this is my ....."




Although the journey to meet my friends in town is tough, but it's definitely worth while. Guess who we went to find? The HOT MAMA Jazreel Wee. Jazreel from CMYK is tough to be, she has to take care of her chicks and soon to be husband Marvin. She works and works and works and now she is a rich woman.



The after-effect of the MTV assignment is not over yet. The evil dark eye circles and the sleepiness Zzzzz monsters in us won't let us go.



For many occasions, we realised we wore the same colour combination when we meet up. Our FATE! The colour combination for the day is black and white.



We don't hate or dislike foreigners. When they are nice, we treat them the same way too.




Taiwan's G-Music Album Sales Chart for 2007

Jolin once again sells best in Taiwan. Jay Chou and Lee Hom didn't do as well as expected. And the locals might be shock their Stefanie Sun not even make it to the TOP 10. To see the full results, click here.

No comments: