Sunday, July 01, 2007

Our Society

Earlier this week, my dad was in hospital. My grandmother was also in hospital the week before. She was there almost every month. When I was in the hospital to visit her, I saw so many old and sick patients like her. My grandmother was in pain and she needs a machine to help her breath. She was shivering.

Then I asked myself, what if I am old? Will I rather die or will I rather suffer in pain and continue living each day. I really don't know, but I am curious about your answer. Can anyone who reads this tell me which will you choose?

I met this old man (picture) in Chinatown last year. He's very old already but he is still very healthy. He came to talk to us and he is constantly smiling. I don't know about his family but he is collecting some cardboard boxes.

Today is the day that I hate because GST is going up. I hope it will stop rising from here okie? You know, I always feel that I am fortunate here because we all have education and are pretty much civilised.

Last week, one of the residents here in my area, puncture our family car on purpose. And it is not the first time already. I am super pissed when I learned about it. Why will such thing happen here? I feel that I live in an above average residential estate, we have a professor living opposite our door and a NUS high school student on the next. This incident made me wonder if I am living in an estate like Geylang instead.

And I am so going to complain to the management tomorrow first thing in the morning!

Nowadays, many young adults feel that they want to migrate to other places. I've speak to a few of my friends and feel that the numbers are increasing. In five years time, Vivi may be in Korean dating a Seven look-a-like, Zhao may be in Hong Kong working with designers like those from Clot, and Michelle may be in China looking after her favourite panda bears.

Anyway, I just feel that civilised people can behaved in a civilised way. And I won't be surprised if the resident who did that stupid and childish thing is a working professional. And I don't think Mr Wong from Sixth Avenue and Miss Lily Chan from Paterson Road have ever met with such an act like mine. Oh count myself unlucky then!

No comments: