Friday, June 16, 2006

East Coast Outing
Hello everyone. I just came back from a meaningful outing with my coursemates at East Coast. ZH and me was late on that day as we couldn't find the place. It's my first time taking public transport to the park and I don't know which stop to alight. We only knew we had missed the bus stop when the bus reached the interchange near Temasek Secondary. Guess what there are only 2 buses available in that bus interchange. How interesting.



After renting the bicycles, we played soccer and gossip. Look what's Dino looking at? We only started our BBQ fire at about 5 plus.


If you think everything went smoothly then you are wrong. The fire just couldn't start. It went off after some time. We tried putting paper, dried leaves and even deoderant but the fire just won't get started. But with the help some Dino friends who he met at the park, we managed to start the whole BBQ at about 8.30pm.


Everyone was relieved and happy when the fire started. We eat and eat and eat until when it was time for the boys to go watch World Cup. I stayed behind to help look after the girls.

The highlight and most enjoyable part of the outing is the midnight cycling from East Coast to Changi Village. It was tiring but exciting and scary as well. It took us about 3 hours to reach Changi Village. On the way there, we met someone kind from SP triple E who led us there and help us out when our bikes were not working. But unfortunately, he was caught by the police while speeding on the bike and was issued warning letter. On the way there and back, we got chased by wild fierce dogs, saw snake skin with red ants crawling on it and the biggest spider and spider web we had ever seen.

I had learned a lot from the night cycling. I had learned to become a real man looking after the girls. I had learned about tolerance. I had learned from many responsible people in class who make sure everyone is safe and always others before self. But of course, I have learn that in every place, there ought to be people who make life difficult for others.

You guys won't know how much the whole body hurts. At some point, it is unbearably pain till you have to stop for quite some time before contiuning. Thank you Ziyi for not allowing me to be behind her because she don't think it's safe. Thank you Dino for waiting for me to rest when the whole class were already very far in front. Thank you to the people who we don't know but still help us out with the fire and giving us chicken wings. Thank you Khai's parents for helping us look after our bags for the whole night. Thank you to each and everyone who asked me "are you okie?". Thank you Syaful and Ammanda for reminding us of the wild fierce dogs. The list goes on and on. Thank you everyone!

No comments: